[LMB] Is Dag Benin an AU version of Dag Bluefield? (Whit Johnstone)

Eric Oppen technomad at intergate.com
Mon Nov 1 00:31:13 GMT 2010

Quoting Leanne Martin <leanne_martinau at yahoo.com.au>:

> G'day all,
>
> The name 'Dag' always raised an undergraduate chortle for us here
> downunder as
> it is also the name of a ball of sheep poo stuck in the wool of a sheep's
> bum....
>
> Cheers,
> Leanne.

I was wondering what "daggy" means when applied to clothing.  I was
reading an online story written by an Antipodean where a girl referred
to her "daggy" school uniform unhappily.  I thought that she was
saying that it made her look like a lesbian.  (One US slang word for a
very masculine lesbian is "bull-dagger.")