[LMB] SP: fairy tale themes in Cryoburn

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 06:13:21 GMT 2010

I have the horrible feeling that it's already been discussed, but I found the
fairy tale aspects of Cryoburn quite enchanting. There was the obvious --
pointed out by the characters: Snow White and Her One Dwarf. For some reason,
Jin and Mina's trek reminds me very much of Hansel and Gretel, but instead of
finding a witch at the end, they find Miles, who gives them their dead mother
back. (I think in some stories of H&G, the evil step-mother and the witch are
the same.) What else? There were some very nice ones, but I left my book at
home.

Micki