[LMB] A question about Barrayar

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Nov 2 10:11:02 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 07:47:28PM -0700, Tel wrote:

> Suspect they did, but the Conquest of Komarr was only about five years
> prior to Shards. And I'm not sure looting obsetric tech was really a
> priority... it's not like any of the troops on the ground are getting
> themselves pregnant.

It's a good question, but this seems a good response.  Also, how many
weeks does it take to get from Barrayar to Komarr?  Transportation is
slow and non-trivial, though getting a copy of galactic encyclopedias is
easy.

> The poor courier saddled with Aral's replicators during Shards
> probably facepalmed a day or two into his mission when he realized he
> could stop at Komarr.

Hah!

> Barrayar pretty explicitly doesn't have a free media (have we -ever-
> seen a Barrayaran reporter?). Access to information (& public

No, though we don't know they don't exist, but if they do, Cordelia
noted they're excluded from Imperial social events.

-xx- Damien X-)