[LMB] meat

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Nov 2 17:02:50 GMT 2010

--- On Tue, 11/2/10, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> I like quoting that.   Some classic novel
> such as Ivanhoe mentioned it.

Is that where it came from?  Sir Walter Scott is one of my least favourite writers.  Nor do I think his history was good.

> But regarding your reply - when did French cuisine get to
> be good?   From what I've read, it wasn't
> until well after the Normans arrived.

No. It would be in the 17th century that the French got their reputation for "cuisine".

What I meant was that in our time, certain foods we commonly eat have French names, but not for political reasons.

namaste,
elizabeth