[LMB] SP: Cordelia's Honour (was all sorts)

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Nov 2 21:53:58 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 02:21:42PM -0700, Jeff Shultz wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com> wrote:
> > --- On Tue, 11/2/10, Jeff Shultz <jeffshultz at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Why? Their permission would not be needed for her to keep her
> > position, and Sergyar is far away. It might be a political point,
> > but hardly a pressing one.
>
> It was not her signature on the documents - it was Aral's.

Given that she is Vicereine in her own right, I don't think we have any
reason to think that.  Either his signature, or hers, on any document,
like the Roman consuls.  Or maybe both.

He was Regent, and she was the wife of the Regent.  Only a social
position.  But on Sergyar, they're both Viceroys, with formal power.  Or
Viceroy and Vicereine because god forbid we use gender neutral language.

-xx- Damien X-)