[LMB] Mark V as patron (was (supposed) feudal nonsense)

Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Wed Nov 3 05:05:03 GMT 2010

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:52:54 -0500, Thomas Vinson wrote:

> The clearest case of a society supporting the arts appears
> to be the quaddies' ballet.  That certainly is not an
> aristocracy; I would probably label it syndicalism.*

> [*] Trusting Ross or someone to correct me on this if
> I'm wrong.

Well ... Quaddie society certainly does look like some sort of collective, but Syndicalism is specifically
a mode of organisation against capitalist society, with the unions (Syndicats, en francais) as the focus of
opposition rather than a political party. No capitalist society, no syndicalism.  YMMV.

--
B. Ross Ashley, trying to catch up with the digests