[LMB] Centralized replies (semi-OT:)

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Wed Nov 3 14:02:23 GMT 2010

--- On Wed, 11/3/10, Tel <teldreaming at gmail.com> wrote:

> (re: Paula on Cordelia's fate if male and a Barrayaran)
> IMHO, suddenly kneeing Emperor Ezar in the balls during a
> live broadcast would probably get one shot.

LOL.

> Going around saying "Well, I didn't vote for him" would
> likely lead to a similar fate.

It would probably be meaningless. But it would sound like treason.

> (re: People's Party, etc)
> you all do realize that two democratic revolts have been
> violently crushed
> under Aral and Gregor -that we know about-?

No, really?  What is a 'democratic revolt' and what are you referring to?

> (re: Democracy, stability thereof)
> Rich democracies are astonishingly stable, historically
> speaking. Poor
> democracies are much less stable. This is true, and
> something to consider.

Just proving that democracies tend to become powerful oligarchies of the rich. Er, is that too political for here?  I'm not sure whether to erase that comment or not.

> ... they definitely preferred
> rhododendrons to people as neighbors.

I wonder what Ekaterin would say to that. [g] She might agree.

namaste,
elizabeth