[LMB] : Uterine Replicators

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:56:00 GMT 2010

Well, Cordelia herself references the older generation of women who
think that just because *they* suffered in pregnancy and giving birth,
their daughters and grand-daughters should, too.  It reminds me of the
response to the idea of anesthesia in labor during Victorian times,
when there was a huge argument, based on the biblical idea that Eve's
"sin" meant that women would suffer in labor forevermore, over whether
reducing a woman's suffering was allowable.  Seems barbaric, now.

Slight topic highjack: I am starting a new job in a few weeks,
analyzing high-risk pregnancy data.  I rather suspect this will make
me wish that uterine replicators were available NOW.

Ann

quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"