[LMB] Replicators was: A question about Barrayar

Thomas Vinson t.vinson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 3 22:57:26 GMT 2010

Following up on Natali's response to Marilyn...

I started wondering about those birth technologies we
consider routine, such as caesarean section.  Would
these have been available during the TOI?

I'm thinking that if I had been born in the Dendarii
hill country even as late as Miles's birth neither
my mother nor I would have survived.  But perhaps
some forms of medical technology managed to survive
intact.  Presumably much of the knowledge, such as
the importance of sterilization, would have been
preserved.  That doesn't require very much in the
way of high tech.  But what about things like
anesthesia?

Tom

occasionally in awe of the fact that he is alive