[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 66, Issue 33 "I think you may have just articulated why I don't like Mark."

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Thu Nov 4 01:06:41 GMT 2010

That's probably because the darker and edgier character in pop culture is a construct. "Specs: brooding Byronic anti-hero. Trauma in the past, check. Unsettled blood feud, check. Training as a superhero, check...."

Oh, Lois does hit all those tropes, but she rounds them out, makes them real, and indeed, subverts them.

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/