[LMB] Winterfair Gifts

Whit Johnstone whitinohio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:29:02 GMT 2010

"Is it possible that Lord Vorkosigan is
sleeping with Taura, and Admiral Naismith is sleeping with Elli?"

That's a very, very interesting question, but I think the answer to that is
no, at least as far as Miles' conscious mind is concerned.  Somewhere in
Memory Miles notes that Lord Vorkosigan has no love life whatsoever-
Niasmith has stolen it all.  Furthermore, it is Quinn, not Taura, that he
repeatedly tries to convince to become Lady Vorkosigan.  Of course, that is
probably because Taura is enough of a romantic to say "yes", and then the
shit would really hit the fan, to the tune of mobs coming out of the
backcountry with pitchforks and torches to kill the mutant count and his
even more mutant countess. I think that Miles is ashamed of his love for
Taura because:
	a. It's cheating on Quinn, in his mind, even though it's Taura that
by rights has dibs on him.
	b. Subconscious Barryaran anti-mutant prejudice.