[LMB] SP: One small Cryoburn point

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:06:00 GMT 2010

V L'Ecuyer wrote:

> If Vorlynkin were to stay long term, (and not go through re-assignment),
> he'd have to give up his job to do so. At least based on real-world
> experiences.* I don't think there would be a prohibition against him
> marrying local (at least Miles didn't act like there was in Diplomatic
> Immunity), but at some point, it does come down to a choice between your job
> and your spouse. As evidenced in the book.

Vorlynkin now has a resource he didn't have before.  "My Lord Auditor,
Lisa Sato and I wish to marry, but we're concerned that I might be
reassigned to some other world.  Is there anything that you might be
able to do to ensure that I'm permanently assigned to this post,
assuming satisfactory performance and all that sort of thing..?"