[LMB] OT: Lycra Superman Suits Found To Prevent Bone Loss In Weightless Conditions

Royce McDaniels roycemcdaniels158 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 23:10:55 GMT 2010

The secret: the suits are cut shorter than the astronauts' actual length and
have "stirrups" which put pressure on the entire skeleton just as if it was
being pulled on by gravity. this causes the bone system to say, "Oh, okay,
we're back in a gee field after all! Make bone mass, guys!" Talk about smack
your forehead solutions....

slashdot linky winky:
http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/11/05/1732207/Skin-Tight-Bodysuits-Could-Protect-Astronauts-From-Bone-Loss

obTrek: 7 of 9 reference, since it's slashdot. (7 of 9 in my household was
known as "T*ts Of ^ss". And yet in the end she became a standout character.
just goes to show you.)

calcifying royce