[LMB] SP: Royce's Cryoburn Analysis link and comment

Judy R. Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Mon Nov 8 03:42:06 GMT 2010

On 11/4/2010 10:51 PM, M. Haller Yamada wrote:
> Just in case anyone other late readers didn't save Royce's Cryoburn analysis,
> here's a link to the archives.
> http://lists.herald.co.uk/pipermail/lois-bujold/2010-September/054020.html
>
> Bravo, Royce!
>
> For the record, I didn't find the animals annoying. Actually, there's been quite
> snip
>
> (Man, that sphinx was CREEPY! Limited vocab and communication skills, and a
> human face . . . yet it is bought and given out as promotional goods, and passed
> from home to home as it proves unweildy. The sphinx really bothered me, almost
> as much as the kitten tree. Well, actually, more in some ways. The sphinx could
> walk away . . . but it'd still be as helpless as a kitten in a tree thanks to
> its special diet and care needs. Brrrr.)
>
> Micki

====================================
NEW from JRJ> Shades of Jurrasic Park, those dietary needs.  The Sphinx
we'll probably see again, methinks.  Hopefully in conjunction with Jin
and sister, who are also reminiscent of Jurassic Park.  Um...
Homesteading on Sergyar when they get older?

But meanwhile the Sphinx showed some of the possibilities of
gengineering, possibly a setup for more authorial treatment of the motif
later.  Scene:  Miles at the Committee on Barrayar to consider
cryopreservation, presenting the Sphinx as Exhibit X.

--
Entwife Judy
Who doubts if the status quo is ever well enough to be let alone