[LMB] Why "that idiot Ivan"?

Zivya A zivya_a at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 17:57:23 GMT 2010

________________________________
>From: Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>

>Cordelia tells Mark that Ivan may be the smartest of all of them - I sometimes
>see

the 'idiot' tag as ironic, or as an attempt to push Ivan into using his talents.
It's also

one of those automatic 'the-count-my-father' kind of identifiers that they've
used so
often that they don't really hear it any more.

I see Ivan and Miles as having a very close relationship - more brothers than
just

cousins.  <snippity snip>
Gwynne

Thank you, gwynne, what a lovely analysis of not-such-an-idiot ivan

also - he got his captains bars before miles did, when the 'powers that be' were
not giving them out just for showing up on time.  ivan must have impressed
-someone-, even if not his over-achieving relatives.

zivya, who likes him a lot better when he's not chasing tail