[LMB] OT: PT (WAS the Ba)

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 23 08:25:45 GMT 2010

Bear Master wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM, mtraber251 <mtraber251 at earthlink.net>wrote:
>

>> Royce McDaniels wrote:
>>

>>> Proudly blogging royce (who still HATES PT even if it is good for
>>> him...grumble...fuss)
>>>

>> I really preferred the hour long water PT that I get 18 sessions a year of.
>> She keeps us moving the entire hour, and you really feel it but it works.
>>

> I go to aqua-aerobics at the gym three times a week,  Not as warm as the
> pool in the hospital, but definitely better than nothing.  If I miss too
> often my legs start getting numb.
> --

I have often wondered if the body has some sort of weird 'memory' of the
water in the womb and an unconscious association with comfort. It is
amazing how many times just the soaking in a hot tub can just make me
worlds more comfortable without medication. I can be in pain, and upset
about something and half an hour soaking can improve me to almost normal.

My hydro group tends to be 10  people total, and you can see people
visibly relax and cheer up within minutes of getting into the pool, and
even though you can tell that everybody is being pushed gently to  what
they are able to accomplish there is not the sense of hard work that I
get when I go to the land based physioterrorist group. [that is one on
one and not group, but there is a whole large area full of patients and
terrorists.]