[LMB] OT: Conspiracy theories - was Re: Barrayaran historical secrets, etc

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Tue Nov 23 13:48:46 GMT 2010

On 11/23/2010 6:36 AM, JenL wrote:
>> OK, "secret conspiracies" require a high degree of competency in order to
>> >  stay secret.
>> >

> Or just enough other conspiracy theories out there to cause confusion and
> provide cover - if there are 20 conspiracy theories running around, will
> anyone listen to the people claiming that while the rest are crazy,
> conspiracy theory E is the truth?

Let's look at flying saucers.   Maybe a small group could keep them
secret for a few years - but not a half-century.   Not when some of
those people have become politicians with their own agenda.    What kind
of persuasion would keep old people from sharing their roles in the
cover-up?

I'm not talking about the alleged victims - I'm talking about the
authorities who ran the conspiracy.     These are the people with some
kind of legitimacy who should be talking by now.