[LMB] Komarr IV -- where are all these recruits coming from?

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Wed Sep 8 03:42:49 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bear Master" <bearmaster0 at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: [LMB] Komarr IV -- where are all these recruits coming from?

> The motivation for terrorist everywhere seems to be "the *status quo* is
> unjust, and we see no hope of change working within the system."  Further
> elaboration would lead into RL politics.

Or, "We don't like the status quo but nobody else is going to do what we
want/put us in power, so we're going to terrorize, maim, and murder to cause
people to be angry at the powers that be that "allow" the violence to happen
and topple the existing order's leadership who we don't manage to get rid of
by direct attacks."