[LMB] BD - A Civil Campaign I (Pym)

riz winterland_emails at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 15:21:22 BST 2010

On Mon, 13/9/10, John Lennard <john.c.lennard at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: John Lennard <john.c.lennard at gmail.com>

>snip<
> What do you think of Pym? and of the whole notion of
> Armsmen?
>snip<

Do the Armsman have different assigned roles? I found it odd that Pym was quite senior in the VH security pecking order but was also the driver as well.  Pym seemed to do everything – what do the other Armsmen do? These Armsman are on loan from the Count though, yes?

The close oversight/security would drive me up the wall but if I'd been raised with it I probably wouldn’t mind.
I do wonder about the security vids though – would they have them in every room as a matter of course just-in-case? That would drive me bonkers.
How could you get way with sliding down the banisters when your parents are out cos they could just look it up on the vid and say ah-ha!
So unfair.

Riz (who is dying to slide down that Vorkosigan House banister)