[LMB] 600 Feet

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 04:45:52 BST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:31 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
> Dragon Naturally Speaking software?
> I seem to have missed the predecessor to this remark.
>
> Marina

I'd be interested in hearing peoples' opinions on the Dragon software
and alternatives.  I had a colleague 10 years ago who used a very
early version, and other than taking forever to train to her voice,
she found it manageable.

I have diabetic neuropathy in my right hand, and it's starting in my
left, and while so far I have no pain, only numbness, I am not sure
how long it will remain practical for me to use a keyboard.  My job
requires some programming, and somehow the idea of doing that with
voice recognition software seems... tedious.

("proc glm data equals temp semicolon class gender semicolon model
dee-ee-ex-ell-ay equals log underbar norm underbar cee four underbar
actprot underbar pee bee em cee gender log underbar norm underbar cee
four underbar actprot underbar pee bee em cee asterix gender slash ess
ess cee three semicolon run semicolon")

Ann
quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"