[LMB] handedness, was OT: AKICOTL - A weird question about touch screens

riz winterland_emails at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 21:58:57 BST 2010

--- On Tue, 21/9/10, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:

<snip>
Megaera: Until I had my (right) shoulder surgery six years ago, I moused righthanded, because I learned to mouse on a shared computer and the righties got annoyed when I kept moving it.  I couldn't mouse righthanded for almost a year pre- and post-surgery, so I moused lefthanded.  Now I have a really hard time mousing righthanded, although I can do it if I concentrate.  I don't switch the buttons to lefthanded, though.

Riz: This is prob going to sound odd I know but from which side of the mouth do you chew as from you've said you switch hands for different tasks? A dentist told me that if you're left handed you chew on the right side of your mouth and if you're right handed you favour the left, this maybe one of this things that everyone knew but me but I never knew this and for me it proved true, trying to eat on the right side of my mouth feels odd.