[LMB] OT: AKICOTL - Now about cell phones and watches A weird question about touch screens

Marilyn Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 12:13:39 BST 2010

  On 9/21/2010 9:28 PM, M. Haller Yamada wrote:
> I finally learned how to use my cell phone as a time piece. And actually, I can
> use it better, since I hate watches -- I set the alarm for slightly before the
> time I'm aiming at, and then I don't have to be looking at the watch all the
> time.
>

> I just love that alarm function . . . my alarm clock bit the dust, too, and now
> I've got two different alarms (both with snooze functions!) all on my cell
> phone. (And I could have up to six, but that's overkill, even for me (-:.)
>
> I really am not a time person, but the cell makes it convenient.
>
> Micki

I have an android cell phone, and love it. I have it as a phone, and
address book, and as a book reader [adliko FTW] and an alarm function
that kicks arse - I take meds at specific intervals, and I have it set
so it alarms for each med time every day. It also is dead easy to set
additional alarms for anything on the fly, and has a great calendar
function to track appointments  [and I can set multiple alarms for each
appointment to prod me to get wherever in time =) ] I like the slide
open keyboard so i dont have to muck with the touchscreen keyboard. I
also have a great little leather case that protects it nicely.

--

"This is me, Órale vato, this is who I am. Take me or leave me. You don't like me? Turn around and look the other way. Its that simple." - Eddie Guerrero