[LMB] BD - A Civil Campaign - Roundup

Nikohl K. nikohl11 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 15:53:26 BST 2010

from Anke Wehner:

Is there anywhere an article, post, or anything where this is explained
properly? I thought it was just that Aral was "next in line" if Gregor died
without a heir (if the law stayed as-is, and inheritance through the
female line wasn't allowed).

---
new: That's not my understanding, no. Salic law prevents inheritance through the
female line on Barrayar, but Aral's potential claim to the throne comes through
the female line. Which is why he's *not* next in line, pure and simple, but may
have a claim, if some obstacles could be removed. I may be botching it, as I
don't have my books on me at the moment, but I believe it's Aral's mother
(Olivia?) who was a Vorbarra by blood (daughter to Xav?).

~nikohl