[LMB] BD: TSK: Beguilement: ch. 7 - Petti

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Mon Apr 11 22:02:17 BST 2011

On Apr 11, 2011, at 4:42 PM, Judy R. Johnson wrote:

> If the malice appearance rate has not changed, and if the problem is more
> area that must be patrolled because of farmer expansion, does that mean that
> malices who come up in already blighted ground can be ignored, because they
> can't get enough life to grow and moult?

Dag says specifically that malices do not come up on previously blighted land, along with his list of where else they don't come up--somewhere early in Beguilement.

He (and others?) also indicate that malices do appear less often now than they used to.  Certainly that's the sense we get from the current laxness of the southern patrols.

Katherine