[LMB] BD: TSK: Beguilement: ch 10 - "Dag Stories"

Anke Wehner anke.wehner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:18:47 BST 2011

On 13 April 2011 08:31, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com> wrote:

> Query: compare Dag's story to Fawn about the sorceror-lords
> of old breeding themselves up out of the people with Mari's
> concern to carry on the bloodline.  How different are these
> concerns?

Since there isn't much data on what those old sorcerers were doing or
thinking, those things look pretty much the same to me. The
Lakewalkers have the justification that they might lose the ability to
keep down malices, but with not even speculations on the motives of
the sorcerers in Dag's story (which he calls "one line of thought"),
there really isn't much there *to* compare.

In context with those old legends: Do those explain the term
"hinterland"? I mean, the Lakewalkers calling the different regions
"hinterland" implies that those are the backwater of some place. Would
that have been that now-destroyed leage of seven cities around the
also mostly destroyed lakes?

Anke
--
http://ankewehner.de
Last post -- Drabble: Prey of Unusual Size