[LMB] BD: TSK: Beguilement: ch 10 - "Dag Stories"

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 14 18:34:13 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 01:31:53PM -0400, Timothy Collett wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2011, at 1:28 PM, Tony Zbaraschuk wrote:
> >> That somewhere was an initial low-level sensitivity and ability to
> >> manipulate,
> >
> > Now you're bootstrapping :)
>
> No, I'm not. I'm positing a natural mutation arising that allows
> this ability in the first place.  Bootstrapping would indicate that
> I was trying to use the consequences of an effect to explain the
> cause of said effect.  Like suggesting that the lake league
> sorcerers became magical because they used magic to make them that way.

Ah, OK.  I didn't quite get the vocabulary usage there.  Thanks for the
explanation.

And it's certainly a perfectly reasonable posit, as long as we keep
in mind that it could have happened several other ways.

Tony Z
--
I figure that once horses understood that humans were capable
of effectively scratching the Itchy Spots, they were all for