[LMB] BD: TSK: Beguilement: ch. 9 - "The Hotel"

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 14 19:20:36 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 09:46:37AM -0700, Judy R. Johnson wrote:
> NEW from JRJ> It's possible that in this, the first book of the series, Her
> Ladyship had not yet come up with the idea of beguilement through medical
> treatment.  It's a big deal in Passage, of course, but maybe newly minted.

I'd be more confident of that if the word hadn't been the _title_ of
this book, and if there hadn't been so many references to possible
magical elements in the attraction (some references coming up later).

I think there's a _lot_ of stuff that was thought through well in
advance and deliberately foreshadowed.  (Though I would, of course,
welcome comment from the only authoritative source...)

> Y'know, I wouldn't mind having as my epitaph:  " she's generally as nice and
> as reasonable as possible within her cultural background."  Nice wording.

Feel free to appropriate it :)

Tony Z
--
I figure that once horses understood that humans were capable
of effectively scratching the Itchy Spots, they were all for