[LMB] e-book vendors by value to the writer

Anke Wehner anke.wehner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:26:06 BST 2011

> Becca wrote:
>> I think that, technically, even having this conversation about it is illegal. Shouldn't be, but is.

Howard Brazee:
> In what countries is that kind of freedom of speech illegal?

Well, I am not a lawyer, but in the USA it may be.

<quote>
(2) No person shall manufacture, import, offer to the public, provide,
or otherwise traffic in any technology, product, service, device,
component, or part thereof, that—
(A) is primarily designed or produced for the purpose of circumventing
a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work
protected under this title;
</quote>

Providing a link to a website where you can download a plugin that
lets you strip DRM may fall under "otherwise traffic".

Anke

--
http://ankewehner.de -- last posts:
Flash Fiction: Summoning Demons (21st April)