[LMB] VAT (was Re: e-book vendors by value to the writer)]

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Apr 23 21:24:05 BST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:30:53PM +0200, John Hallam wrote:

>   My theory of UK prices is that publishers just change the USD $ sign
> on the back to a GBP ? sign for the UK editions of their books.

When I visited London, lots of prices seemed the same number, but in
pounds.  For that matter, when I visited the Soviet Union in 1991, lots
of food prices were the same number, but in rubles, despite a 30:1
ruble:dollar ratio.

What's it cost to get into a typical zoo these days?  18-20, whether
euros, pounds, or dollars.

-xx- Damien X-)