[LMB] BD: TSK: Legacy, the very center (ch 10)

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sun Apr 24 17:55:28 BST 2011

On Apr 24, 2011, at 5:53 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
<snip>
> That story about Dag,
> growing fast and starving, is so important. Cumbia has to have total
> control over her family, including their food. She is the one with all
> the power. And with her groundsense, she'd know he was hungry, so
> it was all quite deliberate. This is an abusive parent.

I wondered if Cumbia's abusiveness would explicitly come up.  There was some discussion of whether Fawn was abused, but it seems that Dag was in a much more abusive situation.  It was longer ago, but still.  (My take is that Fawn was not abused, just undervalued, mostly, though some of her brothers' bullying probably did cross the line.)

Katherine