[LMB] BD: TSK: Legacy, a stab in the dark (in the dark, with a sharing knife) (chapter 14)

desala desala01 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 04:23:05 BST 2011

On 26 April 2011 21:11, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Random thought 2: It's also not clear what happens if Fawn touches
> someone trapped.  Not being a Lakewalker, presumably she couldn't be
> groundlocked....  Would she be aware of the others in the lock?

Dag certainly thinks Fawn would be caught and killed by the groundlock, and
he was seeing it from the inside.  But then she stabbed him with the knife
and Dondo turned to flower water.  Sorry, I meant the malice bits were
burned out of Dag's ground.

As for Othan, he seems to have the standard Hickory Lake prejudice with a
bonus helping of self importance and perhaps a touch of resentment if he's
gearing up to ask Dag about his little brother.  It seems to be  a pattern -
personally unlikable but tolerated for the sake of technical competence.

- Desala