[LMB] BD: TSK: Legacy, a stab in the dark (in the dark, with a sharing knife) (chapter 14)

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 27 16:15:19 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 06:17:59AM -0700, Jeff Shultz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:07 AM, mtraber251 <mtraber251 at earthlink.net>wrote:
> > Honest, you would have thought the world started with Edison and Tesla or
> > something.
>
> In many ways, for many men and women it did - think of all the backbreaking
> drudgery that we've been relieved of thanks to electricity.

When he had the fundamental insight that led to the polyphase AC electric
motor (the little thing that does HUGE amounts of work nowadays), Tesla
sat on a bench in Vienna crying for six hours at the thought of all
the labor humans would no longer have to do.

It really is a HUGE, HUGE change.

Tony Z
--
I figure that once horses understood that humans were capable
of effectively scratching the Itchy Spots, they were all for