[LMB] Emergency Alert: NZ listees! Are You All Right?

Janet Cone janet.cone at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 22 11:27:34 GMT 2011

Janet delurks and says hello from Christchurch.

Today's quake was a lot shallower and lot closer to the city than September's
quake.  There was a lot more damage to my place, the computer monitor went
flying so did the microwave and the contents of my fridge and pantry. there is
major liquefaction under and around my place (I was treated to the sight of
water and silt bubbling out from my foundation.)I had a major operation three
weeks ago and I am not supposed to lift anything heavier than a litre bottle of
milk. So I won't be able to do the clean up on my own. In any case I don't
whether I will be able to keep on living there as i don't think the building is
in all that good a shape. I live in one of the suburbs that was closer to the
epicentre and there is a lot more damage in the neighbourhood than last sept
quake (again a lot of it is liquefaction.)  I am staying at parents' place
tonight along with my sister and her two year old son and we are dry and fed and
uninjured.

But I haven't anything at all from my brother, the last I heard from my sister
was she had abandoned her car in the central city and was going to walk the 10
kilometres home and my cat has gone AWOL.