[LMB] Boooooooring now Cryoburn

Royce McDaniels roycemcdaniels158 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 03:41:35 GMT 2011

The text says Gregor "went to help shoulder the bier". That seems to support
the ancient custom of carrying the coffin on the shoulders of the
pallbearers is maintained, at least on Barrayar in that era.

yes, it is sad, but it was also inevitable because Herself writes realistic
character driven fiction with no magic excpet the barest minimum. and
remember my review of CB; we honor aral by carrying on his work.

and the universe may have a trick or two up its sleeve in the end after
all...

Hopeful royce

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>wrote:

> > From: Royce McDaniels roycemcdaniels158 at gmail.com
>
> > Ivan (For the Vor?)
> > Illyan (For Impsec?)
> > Koudelka of course (for Escobar?)
> > Duv Galeni for Komarr
> > Admiral Jole for Sergyar
> > And one other. (Miles, for the family?)
> >
> > speculative royce (who is feeling MUCH better now)
>
> Miles, but only if Mark was paired with him, due to height.
>
> Miles
> Mark
> Kou
> Ivan
> Illyan
> Duv Galeni
>
> That's keeping it all in the family (all of them are connected by
> blood, marriage or, in Illyan's case, unofficial relationship with
> Alys, as well as being a liege man.)
>
> Now, it works for numbers and height, and you could have
> Miles and Mark at the front, Illyan and Duv in the middle, and
> Kou and Ivan at the back (unless Duv is taller than Kou).
> Or a reverse of this order. But you can't have Miles and Mark in
> the middle, or on the same side.
>
> The only problem is that this would give a really REALLY big
> tilt to the coffin, it'd be head down or feet down, and this might
> lead to other problems....
>
> Unless they've modernised the pallbearing, and they put the coffin
> on a float pallet and the bearers just walk beside, holding the handles.
>
> But the way they did it, covering all the planets, family and his past,
> worked out so well.
>
> But it's TOO SAD!!!!
>
> Gwynne

Visit my blog at http://www.roycemcdaniels158.com/thewalrussays/