[LMB] Boooooooring now Cryoburn

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Mon Jan 3 17:23:30 GMT 2011

At 08:42 AM 1/3/2011, Howard Brazee wrote:

>On Jan 2, 2011, at 8:30 PM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
>
>> Now, it works for numbers and height, and you could have
>> Miles and Mark at the front, Illyan and Duv in the middle, and
>> Kou and Ivan at the back (unless Duv is taller than Kou).
>> Or a reverse of this order. But you can't have Miles and Mark in
>> the middle, or on the same side.
>>
>> The only problem is that this would give a really REALLY big
>> tilt to the coffin, it'd be head down or feet down, and this might
>> lead to other problems....
>
>Or arms up or arms down while holding the casket.

Generally, a casket is carried feet first.

In most American funerals, it is carried by the handles along the sides, not shouldered.  At state funerals, the casket is borne by a detachment of members of each of the armed services.

I can remember seeing a formal state funeral in England (probably Sir Winston Churchill, or maybe Diana, Princess of Wales), and the casket is shaped differently, and carried on the shoulders of the bearers (Guardsmen, as I remember).

I would expect that the actual bearers would have been a detachment of the Count's Armsmen.  Lois put Gregor's participation beautifully.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net