[LMB] OT: family scandals (was: Vor family trees)

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Mon Jan 3 19:11:16 GMT 2011

On 1/3/11 10:53 AM, Kevin Kennedy wrote:

> Not even after a very late dinner, with  or without beer, and no
> guests?  That might be the best time to recollect the family
> scandals. I know I've got a turf accountant and a pirate as
> relatives.

Nope. I don't even know if my father (or my grandfather, who died long
before I was allowed into late dinners, or my great-grand-father, who
died before my father was 10) knew about it. I will have to ask my
uncle... What I found in the records hints at all kind of deliciously
scandalous happenings though.

I find it hilarious, but it might be more/too scandalous when it is in
the direct line (especially the male line). I know some genealogists who
just lie/erase some family tree sections when they print out family
books for their older relatives.

And what the heck is a turf accountant?

Agnes