[LMB] BD - A Civil Campaign IV (Mark, Enrique, and butterbugs)

Judy R. Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Mon Jan 3 22:05:07 GMT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk
[mailto:lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk] On Behalf Of Elizabeth
Holden
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 12:09 PM
snip
John Lennard>
> So, how do you think Mark is doing? and how would you react to his
> arrival, chez vous, with Enrique and his girls in tow?
> Polymucosaccharide, anyone? Or pate d'insecte gras?

I think I'd have shown them the door, or maybe just sent them to Vorkosigan
Surleau to wreak their havoc elsewhere.

namaste,
elizabeth

NEW from JRJ> Would the reason why Miles did not do this be that he was
desperately anxious to make Mark feel like one of the family?  Not to seem
to spurn him in any way?

...An attempt, belike, in the spirit of Aral's effortless "Which one?" [of
my sons].

--
Entwife Judy
Who doubts if the status quo is ever well enough to be let alone