[LMB] BD - A Civil Campaign I (Pym)

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 03:31:05 GMT 2011

> From: Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com

> I like Pym too. He's a lovely person. Of course, he would be, given the position he has achieved in Aral's household.
> That's the kind of thing, I think, that means an armsman has to have really good judgement on the matter. If he fouls up, he is disgraced - or perhaps gets his Vor lord killed.
> Pym is physically and mentally healthy - and able to give Miles good advice. I can't imagine Miles having the conversations with Bothari that he has with Pym, if Bothari had lived another ten years. Anybody know how old Bothari was when he died?
> I'd like an armsman, no question. Wish I could afford one. Too bad I'm not a Vor Lord.
> elizabeth
> (and in case you think I'm being classist, I wouldn't mind being one, either)

Pym is wonderful - I love it in ACC when he tries to drop hints to
Ekaterin to help the courtship along. And the letter-delivery scene
is superb.

Roic is a marvellous character, too. And what a great job he has -
it's certainly never dull.

Armsmen have to do and be so many things, it's no wonder they
get respect. Especially the Vorbarra and Vorkosigan armsmen, who
have such interesting people to guard.

And Dono's armsmen, who basically chose the next Count and helped
the whole process along.

Yes, I love the armsman idea. Wish I had one too.

Gwynne