[LMB] (was) Dono - (Now) Is Barrayaran homosexuality a 'MUTATION'?

rowena alberga wijsgerig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:35:54 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2011, at 4:05 PM, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
>

> > People with low sex drive aren't ignored, they're taken as the default
> norm
>

> In that case, we disagree.
> --

Shouldn't we specify what we mean with a "low sex drive". Do you have a low
sex-drive if you are satisfied with 1 or 2 sexpartners in your life, having
sex a few times a month or something like that. (Something that is often
seen as normal and default) or do you mean with low sex drive "hardly any
desire for sex, not approaching male or female people as potential
sexpartners, not interested in erotica let alone porn, no inclination to
form physical attachments with people."
For if you mean something like that I am quite sure that is not the norm in
our current society.  (I remembering mentioning once (on-line) that when I
was depressed I couldn't handle any physical contact, not even a hug and
several people told me I must have been abused in my childhood. Apart from
the totally irresponsibillity of making such a statement without knowing the
background of someone, it does suggest to me strongly  that there is this
idea that when you do not want physical contact (either temporarily or more
consistently) this must be an abberation caused by something.)

Rowena