[LMB] if I saw a snake in the wild

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 11:04:07 GMT 2011

On 1/3/2011 12:28 PM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
>> From: Royce McDaniels roycemcdaniels158 at gmail.com
>> *I'm* still working on the idea of people with SNAKES in their DAYAM WALLS.
>> Up until that, Jill and I had you on our list of "must visit" listees. Not
>> any MORE....
>>
>> shuddering royce (who is glaring suspiciously at his room's air vent,
>> thinking he HEARD something back in there...)
> Ok, think positive.
>
> 1) It's not a brown snake. (They're REALLY deadly, and aggressive.)
> 2) It's timid, so unless cornered it won't attack.
> 3) Even if it does bite, it's not that deadly. Stacks of time to get to hospital.
> 4) It's in the walls, not the house itself.
> 5) There's no problems with birds or mice in the roof.
> 6) It's not a brown snake. (This is worth saying twice.)
>
> See? There's always a bright side.
>
> Gwynne (being reassuring)
> --
Does make me wish I was there, I love snakes and would try to entice it
out to play with it before taking it far away and dropping it off
somewhere else.

Have you found the hole it tends to use as its main egress/entrance? You
might be able to get it out by watching to see it leave then blocking up
the entrance hole with a wad of metal scouring pad and patching it with
spackle.

You might consider inspecting the entire house and sealing up all except
for a single hole, then getting a bunch of people over and assigning
them each a wall and a stick for banging on the wall until the snake
slithers away to escape the noise and ruckus. Then seal the last hole.

The problem with snakes is they tend to only be interested in live prey,
so you cant just turf a block of cheese or sommat on the ground in front
of a hole to get it out. Short of staking out a mouse, which brings to
mind a stake and tiny leg iron, you are stuck with driving it out with
noise.