[LMB] if I saw a snake in the wild

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 12:40:22 GMT 2011

On 1/4/2011 1:16 AM, Royce McDaniels wrote:
> once I get on dry land, trains time. or rented cars. I'm taking a couple of
> years to do this, so I can be as slow as I like.
>
> and i intend to travel cunard. they don't have those issues, or not often.
>
> snob royce
I found rental cars in Europe an excellent idea, parking can be a bit
tricky, but the freedom of schedule and location is excellent if you
have specific destinations in mind that may be off the beaten path. Of
course I haul along a wheel chair, and traveling with a chair on a train
is a pain in the rump [frex many train stations in Germany are isolated,
and have a cross under the tracks, and you have to climb stairs to get
to the platform - they do have a cute little ramplet for bicycles but a
person in a chair has to get out and gimp up the steps if possible while
the chair gets schlepped up separately. Not good if you cant gimp or
manage steps.]

Can't remember offhand, will you be movement impaired or is your rehab
going to restore you to pretty much full movement? It can make a
difference for traveling. Also, fatigue factor ... I know that just
sitting and driving a car can get me pretty fatigued after a whole day,
so is sitting on a train/airplane - so definitely slow travel with
plenty of days stopped and resting will help out.