[LMB] (was) Dono - (Now) Is Barrayaran homosexuality a 'MUTATION'?

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Jan 4 13:31:39 GMT 2011

--- On Tue, 1/4/11, rowena alberga <wijsgerig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shouldn't we specify what we mean with a "low sex drive".

I mean general interest in sex as a subject, and reactions to things or people that do, might, or don't evoke a sexual reaction.  Regardless of numbers of partners or lifestyle.

No point belabouring the issue: we all have different experiences in life and I find the world around to be generally prudish and erotophobic, with romantic and sexual images and ideas treated as inappropriate in most cases.

Obviously people's exerience and reactions vary, and my point is that our society caters more for the undersexed than the oversexed.  Others disagree, which means either that their viewpoint is different from mine (i.e., they don't find sex as fascinating as I do) or that the society around them is different - also possible.

As Rowena points out, one person may change from one side of the divide to the other for reasons of health, temperament, or experience.

namaste,
elizabeth