[LMB] if I saw a snake in the wild

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 20:27:30 GMT 2011

On 1/4/2011 8:43 AM, Kevin Kennedy wrote:
> Some time ago, someone posted to the list that Princess cruises was selling off one of it's older, smaller ships.   S.S. Vorkosigan, home of the perpetual Bujold party, anyone? I'll come.

Not actually Princess, but the original Love Boat, the MV Pacific
Princess was up for sale, it had been sold off several times, and
renamed so that Princess Lines could keep the name MV Pacific Princess
for one of their ships [and renaming ships is a horrifying though <shudder>]

It was up for under a million bux ... and was held at the refitters
pending sale. Not sure if it is still for sale or if it has gone for
razor blades yet or not. She is well outdated, small, almost no balcony
cabins, which are the current major desire in ships.  But she would be a
blast to own. She could be run by a crew of 20, if  you don't have all
the cabin stewards [I think it is something like 2 stewards per 10
cabins or something like that] and mess stewards waiting on people hand
and foot ...

Rob and I occasionally idly discuss owning her and running her. *sigh*