[LMB] BD - A Civil Campaign I (Pym)

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Tue Jan 4 23:10:17 GMT 2011

On Jan 4, 2011, at 2:57 PM, Elizabeth Holden wrote:

> --- On Tue, 1/4/11, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> And remember all of Barrayar owes *everything* to Bothari.
>> He is responsible as anyone that Ezar's plot had good
>> results. Otherwise all the dead and devastation of war for
>> nothing, belike.
>
> How so?  He's responsible for the death of Ges Vorrutyer and for Cordelia's wellbeing. I don't follow you on the rest.  Or do you mean that if he'd killed Aral as planned, Ezar's plot would have failed?
>
> I don't think so. Ezar would have just created another plot.

Belike, Aral goes down the drain. Anyway he would not have been married in the critical period and so unsuitable for Regent and given the circumstances he might not have done a good job if he did get it. Mayhap the Regency goes to someone who can't keep it and Barrayar goes down in perpetual civil war.