[LMB] OT: dealing with pain

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 00:18:13 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:01 PM, mtraber251 <mtraber251 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> One could set the MV Princess <insert rename>  to run as a cruiser again,
> but it would really have to cater to highly specialized custom cruises, as I
> pointed out, she is dreadfully small and lacking in balcony staterooms for
> current supercruiser tastes.  Rob and I had discussed renting her as an
> underwater archeological expedition vessel - it seems silly for a whole
> group to rent a tiny boat and have to keep putting to shore in iffy weather,
> and to get supplies. A suitable sized cruise liner could stay on station
> through some fairly heavy weather, and hold enough supplies and bunker to
> stay on station at least a month at a time. It has 2 dining rooms, so one
> could be repurposed as a 'command center' and generalized workspace, it has
> a small medical facility in case of accidents. The various bar spaces could
> be repurposed to rec rooms of varying types, make one a computer cafe for
> recreation instead of work. There would be more than enough staterooms for
> the average project crew, and as it would be for work not vacation, you
> wouldn't need anywhere as many mess or cabin stewards. A basic clean and
> change of linens once a week and make a laundry room available for self
> washing of clothing, and keep the dining room as a buffet, and just have
> servers and bussers.

I'm thinking that as long as the divers/archeologists didn't need all
that much in the way of creature comforts, an ex-Navy LSD would serve
quite nicely for this - nice big well deck you can flood at need and
accomodations that are definitely designed to get wet.

Even a Helo deck on most of them.

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com