[LMB] Vor family trees

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 01:35:53 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 11:01:24AM -0800, Daniel R. Reitman wrote:
>> Tel <teldreaming at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >. . . .
>>
>> > -Tel, who also thinks it likely that more people than Dorca were
>> > sleeping around...
>>
>> You can't just sit around and imply that the Vor's ancestors were
>> bastards.  It's a mortal insult.
>
> This has always bothered me.  "Vor Vorguy slept around a lot"
> doesn't mean that every Vorguy was fathered by someone else --
> it means that there are a lot of people out there with Vorguy
> Y-chromosomes but not the name.

Yeah. I was more saying that a family tree that only includes the
-legitimate- descendants of aristocrats in an environment where
bastardy is taboo and birth control rare is staggeringly incomplete.

Look at Miles's, er, woman-collecting habits when -he- was running an
irregular army. Now consider Piotr and Ezar in the Dendarii hills...

-Tel