[LMB] A Civil Campaign

Anke Wehner anke.wehner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:11:44 GMT 2011

On 5 January 2011 04:56, Jason Long <sturmvogel66 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not so sure about the lack of bathing in Germany. When I was
> stationed there in the mid-80s we had several German workmen install
> an alarm system in our arms rooms. A couple of the guys were very
> fragrant early in the morning.

The rule I go by is that you don't leave the house unless you showered.

... It's pretty annoying having to defend myself like this.
Look, folks, I left alt.fan.pratchett already because of some asshat
who thought spouting things like "all Germans are pigs" .
Extrapolating from one, or a small group, to 80 million people is a
bad idea.

Personally, if on the bus I have a choice between sitting behind
someone who apparently hasn't showered for a week, and someone who
just covered themselves in eau de cologne, I'll consider the "not
showered for a week" the lesser evil. (That happened to me once in
five years or so of daily commute. Well, the "apparently hasn't
showered for a week" bit.)

Anke
--
http://ankewehner.de