[LMB] OT: dealing with pain

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 16:48:13 GMT 2011

On 1/5/2011 10:01 AM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:

> So sorry to hear about your flares.
>

> > From A.D.&  K. Blue's Thanksgiving Dinner cookbook, I made Moroccan Sweet Potatoes. I have changed the preparation a bit, but the ingredients are the same. There is a small amount of added sweetness, but the "sauce" formed in cooking can be extracted from the solids and drizzled over the top, so that you don't have to have all the sweet therein.
>
> So, sweet potatoes. I like them baked, roasted, french fried...but keep marshmallows and pineapple away from it.
> Marina

Thanks =)

I agree, the horror that is sweet potato casserole with all that sugar
dumped on is nasty!

They are wonderful without all that sugar.

I made them baked the other night, swedish style, sliced almost all the
way through but left together, dotted with butter and gently sprinkled
with powdered bay leaf and fresh thyme sprinkled between the slices, and
a few grinds of black pepper and a scant bit of sea salt. hasselback i
think is the name.