[LMB] OT: Upcoming heel surgery

kerry weisselberg kerilli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:32:43 GMT 2011

Marina replied, about the knee-crutch:

They're USD287.50, and they do ship out of the country. I'd write them
at <inquiry at kneecrutch.com>
inquiry at kneecrutch.com Max pad height is 20" from the ground, min is 14.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. I gather a prosthetic is not
forthcoming?

Me:
Thankyou. He has a prosthetic, but it is very uncomfortable so he can't wear
it for too long. His back is wrecked - he laid around for over a year
because his doctors hoped that new bone would bridge the gap in his tib/fib
after the initial accident (a lorry crash which was not his fault, but for
which he has received no compensation due to various stupid reasons). The
twisted lying around (which proved fruitless, he'd have been much better off
if they'd amputated immediately) caused spinal problems, and he now lives
with permanent sciatica amongst other things. He really struggles, so I will
contact them and see what they say.
Thankyou so much for the link and the heads-up,
Kerry