[LMB] OT: Upcoming heel surgery

Carol Cooper carolcooper at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 5 19:55:10 GMT 2011

mtraber251 wrote

> holy shit, lose the wheels...
>
> http://www.kneecrutch.com/
>
> work beautifully in tight spaces, can manage stairs ...
>
> I tried one out over at the rehab I was using, it belonged to one of the
> trainers there.
>
> To be perfectly honest, small scale wheels suck ... they are as you have
> found a pain in the rump to manuver with.

To the uninitiated that looks a lot simpler.

I keep getting a vision of something more like one of those peglegs people
who are playing one-legged pirates wear.  I'm no sort of engineer or
woodworker or anything, but something with a padded top that you could rest
your knee onto and then maybe a Velcro strap to hold it on your leg, would
surely give you a lot more short-term manoeuvrability in tight spaces like
getting into the loo?  Or alternatively I guess you could break your neck,
re-separate your Achilles tendon and all sort of other mayhem - I issue a
disclaimer on this flight of fantasy.
Carol